Caution: CLTs appear to be broken on Sequoia

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Sep 17 20:35:39 UTC 2024

It's certainly possible that there are multiple slightly different
versions of the CLTs floating around (perhaps due to leftover bits from
beta versions?) I actually got the 15.x CLTs when I ran 'xcode-select
--install' on Sequoia when I was setting up to build the MacPorts
installer, and had to run Software Update to get 16.

Also note that only C++ compilation seems to be broken, so a lot of
ports will build fine regardless.

It would be helpful if you could try the example that Clemens posted in
the ticket, and post the results if they differ, along with your exact
clang and CLT receipt versions. See
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt> for the
command to get the latter.

- Josh