cmake PG should ensure correct libdir, otherwise ports are broken on linux

Sergey Fedorov vital.had at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 01:30:02 UTC 2024

On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:41 AM Fred Wright <fw at fwright.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Sep 2024, Fred Wright wrote:
> And just to clarify, I'm saying that running ldconfig *instead of* messing
> with libdir is probably the correct fix.

I am not an expert on Linux, so if someone implements some solution that
makes it work, all good.

Though unless libdir is not set correctly, a user will end up with some
libs in /lib and some other in /lib64. A lot of ports install into standard
/opt/local/lib on 64-bit Linux. I have only seen CMake violating that so
far.