seems to be a tonne of opportunity to smoke fink

Jim DeLaHunt list+macports-dev at jdlh.com
Sun Sep 29 22:33:53 UTC 2024

Gagan:

On 2024-09-29 13:44, Gagan Sidhu via macports-dev wrote:
> (sorry for the dupe email ryan)
>
> “how do i do that?” (submit a pull request) ...
> i’m pretty sure you guys will have some documentation...
Yes, we do in fact have documentation! I suggest you start reading at
<https://www.macports.org/>. See especially the section, "Getting
involved". Carry on to the "Documentation" link in the top bar, which
leads to <https://guide.macports.org/>. You might want to read
especially closely once you get to Chapter 4. Portfile Development
<https://guide.macports.org/#development>.
> ...probably from like 20 years ago (and is still probably current haha) that explains how to do it....

My goodness, you are cynical. In the sources at
<https://github.com/macports/macports-guide> I see 1,179 commits from
2016 to last month. It is not perfect, see
<https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/pulls>, but there are a lot
of improvements over time, see
<https://github.com/macports/macports-guide/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed>.

Best regards,

      —Jim DeLaHunt (submitter of 4 of the merged pull requests)