seems to be a tonne of opportunity to smoke fink

Gagan Sidhu broly at mac.com
Sun Sep 29 20:44:03 UTC 2024

(sorry for the dupe email ryan)

“how do i do that?” (submit a pull request) lol i remember our beloved ppc crank barracuda told me to do the same thing for folly and i didn’t know how.

i’m just kidding on expecting you to answer that here though, as i know/hope/suspect bing will tell me how to do it.
	- and i’m pretty sure you guys will have some documentation, probably from like 20 years ago (and is still probably current haha) that explains how to do it.

but yes i think my proposed changes for nodejs14-nodejs18 should probably be upstreamed sooner rather than later.

i want to test on nodejs19+ but i’m super-paranoid after moving from a MacPro 5,1 (velociraptor raid) to an iMacPro, and don’t want to incur another \gtrsim 150gigs (maybe more, probably more) from building.

even though smartctl tells me i have 99% life, i’ve used a few terabytes in the couple of weeks from going hard on firefox and also rebuilding node a few times (filled my VM disk as the build files showed haha)

so i am planning to get a sata ssd to ease that, and i wanted to test my changes by building them once-over to be sure before the upstream.

Thanks,
Gagan