Newbie Port Errors

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Wed Dec 6 04:16:25 PST 2006

On 6.12.2006, at 3.45, Clint Laskowski wrote:

> Okay, after doing 'sudo port selfupdate' I was able to execute all
> the execute all the port install commands:
> sudo port install libtool # libtoolize
> sudo port install autoconf
> sudo port install automake
>
> sudo port install adns
> sudo port install pcre
> sudo port install file # for libmagic
> sudo port install curl
>
> And, it appears the ./configure line works, too:
>
> $ ./configure --libdir=/opt/local/lib --includedir=/opt/local/
> include --prefix=/opt/nepenthes
>
> But, when I try the 'make', I get an error:
>
> $ make
> make all-recursive
> Making all in nepenthes-core
> Making all in src
> Makefile:364: *** missing separator. Stop.
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> $
>
> I know these questions are probably getting off topic, so if I need
> to take this private, please let me know.
>
> Otherwise, if you have any ideas on compiling Nepenthes, please let
> me know.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -- Clint
Hi
this doesn't seem to be a port question, as there is no nepenthes
port (at least I did not find). I do not know the software, but is
there any specification on the make tool to be used. There are
several of them out there, and they are a bit different and could
produce something like that. Just a guess, but HTH!

!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386