A variety of problems

Eric Angell lists-macports-users at magicpacket.net
Mon Dec 11 16:47:38 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 18:43:05 -0500, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> (or are you just using ~ as a shortcut for the normal path to the
> destroot?)

Yes.  I didn't particularly want to type (or even paste)
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_private_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_x11_qt3/work/
several times.  I hoped my shorthand would be understood, sorry
for the confusion.

> >It removed the .tgz, but it did not modify the state file, and a
> >further `port -f archive qt3` refused to create the archive,
> >insisting that it already existed.
>
> That's a bug that should probably be fixed. port -f archive should
> force new archive creation if it doesn't.
>
> Could you file a bug on this? [I might even feel motivated to fix
> it ;-) ]

Yes, though I might take a little while to do so.

> You could always tar up /opt/local before you remove it and restore
> it if your new install doesn't work ...

Very good point.  I'll give the full reinstall a shot when I get
a chance in the next few weeks and report success or failure back
to the list.

-E