A variety of problems

Eric Angell lists-macports-users at magicpacket.net
Mon Dec 11 20:23:53 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 20:20:40 -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Why is your /opt inside /private? That should not be. Perhaps you
> installed the Cisco VPN client and it screwed up your MacPorts?

That is exactly true!  I have the Cisco VPN client 4.7.00, which
I probably installed over a year ago, though somehow nothing else
has gone horribly wrong since then.  It was definitely installed
after Darwinports, though.  That could certainly explain why qt3
got confused and started in with the destroot/private/...

I'll rip out qt3, move everything out of /private, and see if
another upgrade all helps, then I'll try the stuff from
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist
if `port provides` starts working after /private/opt -> /opt.

Thanks!

-E