sudo port selfupdate (was Re: http://www.macports.org/downloads/)

Chuck Ferril cferril at mchsi.com
Wed Dec 13 23:13:33 PST 2006

JC

I ran into this same problem and was finally able to fix it...

The pkgIndex.tcl file in /opt/local/share/darwinports/pextlib1.0 (as
well as in darwintrace1.0) is missing the following line:

            package ifneeded Pextlib 1.0 [list load [file join $dir
Pextlib.dylib]]

The Pextlib.dylib file is also not universal. I opened the
DarwinPorts-1.3.1.pkg, extracted the Archive.pax.gz file, extracted
the contents and copied the proper dylib file from there...

I tried many other things trying to fix the problem, but I believe
this was the actual cure for the problem.

Chuck