sudo port selfupdate (was Re: http://www.macports.org/downloads/)

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Wed Dec 13 23:26:05 PST 2006

Chuck,

> I ran into this same problem and was finally able to fix it...
>
> The pkgIndex.tcl file in /opt/local/share/darwinports/pextlib1.0
> (as well as in darwintrace1.0) is missing the following line:
>
>            package ifneeded Pextlib 1.0 [list load [file join $dir
> Pextlib.dylib]]

I don't have a pkgIndex.tcl file in /opt/local/share/darwinports/
pextlib1.0, the directory seems to be actually:

/opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/

> The Pextlib.dylib file is also not universal. I opened the
> DarwinPorts-1.3.1.pkg, extracted the Archive.pax.gz file, extracted
> the contents and copied the proper dylib file from there...

jeeeez :)

_THAT_ worked :)

Thank you very much, Ryan, Paul and Chuck for your hints.

Now, I think that deserves some kind of explanation of the top page
of MacPorts, don't you think ?

JC