SuiteSparse checksum error

Richard Funderburk rfunderburk at mac.com
Wed Dec 20 12:59:39 PST 2006

I'm trying to install octave and I get the following error:

Verifying checksum(s) for SuiteSparse
Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Could not open file: /opt/
local/var/db/dports/distfiles/SuiteSparse/SuiteSparse.tar.gz
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: SuiteSparse
dejagnu fftw-3 gcc42 gmp mpfr odcctools gnuplot gd2 pdflib readline
hdf5 teTeX gawk gsed texi2html texinfo

I have tried removing the retrieved file and run again with the same
results.

I see that there are some patches posted for SuiteSparse today so,
hopefully, this is just a transient problem?

Thanks,
Richard