error installing GHC

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sat Dec 30 08:22:08 PST 2006

On 2006 Dec 30, at 11:10 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary indited:
> After doing: sudo port install GHC I get the fllowing error:
>
>> make[2]: *** [dive_1.lo] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gmp perl5.8
>> readline
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>
> Any idea what this is about ? (MB 10.4.8)

Hello,
	Just yesterday (Friday Eastern US time) I installed GHC without
(apparently) any problems.
It took many hours to build and install, and over a gigabyte of
temporary disk space and probably half a gig (give or take) ...for
everything once installed:
	ghc @6.6_2+darwin_8_powerpc (active)
	perl5.8 @5.8.8_0+darwin_8 (active)
	gmp @4.2.1_4+test (active)

The first time I tried it the build just hung because I filled up my
drive. :-(
I'm not a GHC expert, but I am curious to know far into the build
process you were and if the dependencies were already installed or if
they were installed as part of the 'install ghc'?

--Doug