apr-util 1.2.8 with db44

Doug McCorkle mccdo at iastate.edu
Sat Dec 30 20:15:45 PST 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 8:57 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Doug McCorkle wrote:
>>     Recently I update apr-util from 1.2.7 to 1.2.8 which requires
>> db44. After doing this db44 libs end up in /opt/local/lib/db44.
>> This causes a problem when using the apr-util pc file since apr
>> appears to think that the libs are in /opt/local/lib. Is this
>> particular problem an issue with the apr-util build configuration
>> or is it an issue with the db44 port? Thanks for the help.
>
> apr shouldn't link against any dbd port, and apr-util should pull
> in db44 correctly (since its configure specifies ${prefix}/lib/db44
> as the lib location).
>
> What does `apu-1-config --libs` and `apu-1-config --ldflags` say?
>
> Perhaps rebuilding without db4 installed will fix it for you.

This is what I get:

doug-mccorkles-computer:~ mccdo$ apu-1-config --libs
-ldb-4.4 -lsqlite3 -lexpat -liconv
doug-mccorkles-computer:~ mccdo$ apu-1-config --ldflags
-L/opt/local/lib/db44 -L/opt/local/lib
doug-mccorkles-computer:~ mccdo$

The above is correct. I am trying to use the pkg-config file with apr-
util which does not return the correct library path. This makes me
think that this is an apr-util build/install problem not related to
macports.

Doug