Two different versions active?

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Wed Nov 1 12:24:04 PST 2006

Hi,

In my ongoing struggle to see whether the dent in my head gets bigger
before I make mutt work as it used to, I went to remove mutt.  I get
this:

sudo port uninstall mutt-devel @1.5.11_3+db4+imap+pop+sasl+ssl
--->  Deactivating mutt-devel 1.5.11_3+db4+imap+pop+sasl+ssl
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the name
of the port.

Didn't I spell that right?  Or is it because there are two active
versions:

sudo port uninstall mutt-devel
--->  The following versions of mutt-devel are currently installed:
--->    mutt-devel @1.5.11_3+db4+imap+pop+sasl+ssl (active)
--->    mutt-devel @1.5.13_0+db4+imap+ncurses+pop
--->    mutt-devel @1.5.13_0+db4+imap+ncurses+pop+sasl+ssl (active)

I didn't think that was possible?  I'm pretty sure my problem has
something to do with the way ncurses is being used (but this version
of mutt still is using ncurses.  It just must not be using the
ncursesw -- which, I have discovered, is a different port from
ncurses.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110