failed to build: vte py-gtk2

Jerry Rocteur macosx at rocteur.cc
Sat Nov 4 01:04:50 PST 2006

* Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> [2006-10-28 23:32]:
> On Oct 28, 2006, at 06:07, Jerry Rocteur wrote:
>
> >I was unhappy with fink and thought I'd give macports a try, so far
> >so good but not easy to find information ..
>
> Welcome to MacPorts! Hope we can help you work out these snags.

I'm not getting far ;-(

> >I tried Googling and I can't find search for the list's archive ..
> >What is the best way to get information about failed building and
> >dependenices..
>
> We've just changed the name from DarwinPorts to MacPorts, changed
> hosting providers from OpenDarwin to Mac OS Forge, so mailing list
> archives are a bit confused right now.
>
> Here are the old archives:
>
> http://opendarwin.org/pipermail/darwinports/
>
> And these are the new archives:
>
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/

Thanks for that !

> >--->  Building py-gtk2 with target all
> [snip]
> >libintl.a
> >lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin      19 14 Oct 16:18 /opt/local/lib/
> >libintl.dylib -> libintl.8.0.0.dylib
> >-rw-r--r--   2 root  admin     869 14 Oct 16:17 /opt/local/lib/
> >libintl.la

> Odd. Something seems to be explicitly looking for libintl.3.dylib,
> which is from gettext 0.14, but you of course have libintl.8.dylib
> from gettext 0.15. Did you previously have gettext 0.14 and upgrade
> to 0.15 or did you start with 0.15? If the former, you must (somewhat
> manually) rebuild everything that had previously been built against
> gettext 0.14.

Since reading this I tried several this times:

	 sudo port -d -f upgrade all

But this runs for days and each time it i stuck here:

DEBUG: Executing com.apple.fetch (antlr)
--->  antlr-2.7.6.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in
/opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/antlr
--->  Attempting to fetch antlr-2.7.6.tar.gz from
http://www.antlr.org//download/
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time % Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left Speed
 83 1766k   83 1474k    0     0     11      0 45:40:42 37:29:36  8:11:06 0

Pretty dismal hey ?

Any hints ?

--
      _        Jerry Rocteur    MACosX at rocteur.CC
    _|_|_                   http://www.rocteur.cc
    (0 0)                   MSN macosx at rocteur.cc
ooO--(_)--Ooo      Jabber jerry at jabber.rocteur.cc