failed to build: vte py-gtk2

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Sat Nov 4 09:55:34 PST 2006

>> Odd. Something seems to be explicitly looking for libintl.3.dylib,
>> which is from gettext 0.14, but you of course have libintl.8.dylib
>> from gettext 0.15. Did you previously have gettext 0.14 and upgrade
>> to 0.15 or did you start with 0.15? If the former, you must (somewhat
>> manually) rebuild everything that had previously been built against
>> gettext 0.14.
>
>Since reading this I tried several this times:
>
>	 sudo port -d -f upgrade all

I don't think that large scale upgrades work well.  I haven't been
following this thread, but if the problem is because of the gettext 0.14
to 0.15 upgrade, see the problem hotlist for a user developed suggestion
for dealing with this unfortunate problem.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist

Mark