problems using aspell

Olaf Foellinger olaf at foellinger.de
Mon Nov 13 14:02:33 PST 2006

Hi,

today I've installed aspell and aspell-dict-de

$ port installed|grep aspell
  aspell @0.60.4_1 (active)
  aspell-dict-de @2.1_0 (active)

Unfortunately aspell doesn't find the dictionary or I don't know how to
call it:

$ /opt/local/bin/aspell -c --mode=email --lang=de-DE file
Error: No word lists can be found for the language "de_DE"

$ port contents aspell-dict-de
Port aspell-dict-de contains:
  /opt/local/lib/aspell-0.60/de-alt.dat
  /opt/local/lib/aspell-0.60/de-alt_affix.dat
  /opt/local/lib/aspell-0.60/de-alt_phonet.dat
  /opt/local/share/aspell/de-alt.multi
  /opt/local/share/aspell/de-alt.rws
  /opt/local/share/aspell/deutsch-alt.alias
  /opt/local/share/aspell/german-old.alias

Which of the files contains the dictionary and how should I assign it in
the command line?

Gruss Olaf