installing with a manual portfile

Michael Davidson mdavids at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:36:41 PST 2006

Hi all -

I realize that a lot of documentation was lost with the move. I've had a
hard time finding an answer to my question, but please point me at the docs
if they do exist.

I'm trying to get GnuCash running. I found a bug on Trac that says it needs
an older version of slib. I have the Portfile for the older version, and
I've deactivated the newer version.

How do I install from a Portfile that I downloaded from Trac that's not a
part of the regular source tree?

I tried port install -D <path to new portfile>

But that didn't work. I could edit the Portfile in the normal port tree, but
I'd rather not muck with that so it stays up-to-date.

Thanks,
Michael