installing with a manual portfile

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Tue Nov 14 23:42:43 PST 2006

"Michael Davidson" <mdavids at gmail.com> on Tuesday, November 14, 2006 at
4:36 PM -0800 wrote:
>I realize that a lot of documentation was lost with the move. I've had a
>hard time finding an answer to my question, but please point me at the
>docs if they do exist.
>
>I'm trying to get GnuCash running. I found a bug on Trac that says it
>needs an older version of slib. I have the Portfile for the older
>version, and I've deactivated the newer version.
>
>How do I install from a Portfile that I downloaded from Trac that's not a
>part of the regular source tree?
>
>I tried port install -D <path to new portfile>
>
>But that didn't work. I could edit the Portfile in the normal port tree,
>but I'd rather not muck with that so it stays up-to-date.

I'll add this tothe FAQ soon.  Make a local repository. Edit
/opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf and out teh file:/// line *after* the
rsync line and any duplicate ports will be found in the local repository
because it will look ther first.

Make a  ~/dports/devel/slib/Portfile and then run 'portindex' in the
~/dports directory.  Then 'port search slib' will show two copies but the
second one will be ignored.

http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/docs/ch03s05.html#local_repository

Mark