What's with TRAC?

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 15:43:42 PST 2006

This is my first email to this mailing list.  I wasted an hour of my
life trying to get into the Trac bug system to try to file a bug.  Or
an issue.  Or a ticket.  Or whatever the heck they call it on Trac.

After finally discovering that no links to submit a bug appear until
you register, I attempted registering.  Unfortunately, the page that
sends your random password and the page that you log in on apparently
don't talk to each other.

So now I'm here.  Missing bugzilla.  Enough of that, though, let's get
down to business:

BUG: hping2 (and hping3 for that matter), when compiled on OS X 10.4
on INTEL processors ALWAYS crashes with the message "[send_ip] sendto:
Invalid argument."

The problem and fix are described here:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/macnetworkprog/2006/Jun/msg00049.html

I reported this bug with patches to fix it upstream to hping.org here:

http://wiki.hping.org/20

I added the patches and modified the Portfile in MacPorts on my own
box, and tested the fix to make sure it works.  Attached to this
message is a tarfile of my local:

/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/net/hping2

...only I stripped the prefix out of the tarfile so that it untars to
"hping2".  The only difference is the existence of two extra patch
files and their corresponding entry on the patchfiles line of the
Portfile.

I don't know whether this affects PPC machines or not, I no longer
have a PPC machine to test on.

~ Nathan