Problem updating to 1.32 from 1.31

Joe Jones darkdescendant at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 11:52:25 PST 2006

OK, I am new to mac ports and am following the instructions presented
on the macports wiki. I downloaded the 1.31 dmg installer and
installed it and then ran sudo port self update. I get the following
build error when I do this:

cc -dynamiclib -L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz
Pextlib.o strsed.o fgetln.o md5cmd.o setmode.o xinstall.o find.o
strcasecmp.o vercomp.o filemap.o sha1cmd.o compat.o curl.o rmd160cmd.o
readline.o uid.o -o Pextlib.dylib
-L/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4 -ltclstub8.4
-L/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/lib -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lreadline
-lcrypto
ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
ld: Undefined symbols:
_add_history
_read_history
_readline
_rl_attempted_completion_function
_rl_completion_matches
_rl_filename_completion_function
_rl_line_buffer
_rl_readline_name
_rl_username_completion_function
_stifle_history
_unstifle_history
_using_history
_write_history
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [Pextlib.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

This is on 10.4.8 using the latest XCode.

What can I do to get this running?

Thanx,
joe