Upgrade to Mac OS 10.4.8 and Upgrade to PHP5

Ryan Schmidt macports-2006c at ryandesign.com
Tue Oct 3 20:33:32 PDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 22:03, Rob wrote:

> After updating to Mac OS X 10.4.8 and then doing an update to my
> PHP5, I now get the following error:
[snip]
> checking for CURL support... yes
> checking if we should use CURL for url streams... no
> checking for cURL 7.10.5 or greater... dyld: Library not loaded: /
> opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/gawk
>   Reason: image not found
> ./configure: line 24966: test: : integer expression expected
> configure: error: cURL version 7.10.5 or later is required to
> compile php with cURL support
>

> Also, now I cannot access my local PHP applications through my web
> server because Apache can't use PHP any more; it keeps complaining
> about not being able to locate libintl.3.dylib.
>
> Anybody know what's going on with the libintl.3.dylib file or PHP5?

That sounds like the gettext 0.15.0 problem about which there has
been much discussion on this list of late.

In this case, it sounds like you upgraded to gettext 0.15.0, but
didn't rebuild either gawk or curl (I'm not sure) which require
gettext. Rebuild those, and any other ports you have that use
gettext. I just did this for a dozen or so ports I have installed. I
used "sudo port -nfcu upgrade foo" on each, after having worked out
the correct order in which to do them by examining the dependencies.