Announcement: Call for new port committers

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Wed Oct 4 08:04:26 PDT 2006

MacPorts is soliciting new committers. If you have written or
maintained ports, and are interested in commit status to keep those
ports up to date, please send email with the subject "Request for
commit access" to <macports-mgr at lists.macosforge.org>. In doing so,
please also tell us:

	- What ports you have written or worked on (output from "port echo
maintainer:your-email-here" is always helpful). Or if you have filed
bugs for ports that have not yet been committed, please reference the
bug #'s.

We recognize that our existing committer base cannot always respond
appropriately to the change load required for ports, and are asking
you, our users, to step in and respond. In return, we want to be more
accepting of new committers.

Note that we see policing of committers as a community
responsibility. If you feel that the the committer for a port is not
responding properly or wisely, please email the committer, and if you
get no response, apply to adopt the port.

James