Unable to get subversion 1.4 to work

John Labovitz johnl at johnlabovitz.com
Thu Oct 12 10:14:19 PDT 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 6:19am, Elise van Looij wrote:

> I've used svnadmin to create a repository at /usr/local/svn-
> repository.
[...]
> [Thu Oct 12 12:06:08 2006] [error] [client ::1] (20014)Internal
> error: Can't open file '/usr/local/Subversion/format': No such file
> or directory

Note the two paths -- /usr/local/svn-repository and /usr/local/
Subversion.

I'd go through all your Apache .conf files and make sure you've only
got one reference to the svn repo you want to use.  (You might do
"grep Subversion /opt/local/etc", or wherever your Apache config
files are.)

Also, are you sure you restarted Apache after changing the config file?

--John