imagemagick/montage problem

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Thu Oct 26 00:24:57 PDT 2006

Emmanuel Hainry wrote:
> Citando Joerg van den Hoff :
>> Mark Duling wrote:
>>> Joerg van den Hoff <j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de> on Tuesday, October

>>> [...]
>> anyway, I now uninstalled/cleaned imagemagick and reinstalled, so now
>> 6.2.9.8 is running.
>>
>> but the problem with montage persists, only slightly different:
>>
>> montage -tile 2x2 i1.png i2.png i3.png i4.png
>>
>> now simply gives a Bus error. the tail of the `ktrace' output reads

>>   8300 montage  CALL  open(0xbfff7778,0,0x30fde0)
>>   8300 montage  NAMI  "/opt/local/share/ImageMagick-6.2.9/type.xml"
>>   8300 montage  RET   open -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
>>   8300 montage  CALL  open(0xbfff7778,0,0x30fde0)
>>   8300 montage  NAMI  "/Users/vdh/.magick/type.xml"
>>   8300 montage  RET   open -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
>>   8300 montage  CALL  open(0xbfff7778,0,0x30fde0)
>>   8300 montage  NAMI  "type.xml"
>>   8300 montage  RET   open -1 errno 2 No such file or directory
>>   8300 montage  PSIG  SIGBUS SIG_DFL
>>
>> which to me only shows that  some file `type.xml' is nowhere found but
>> seems to be needed to procede ...
>
> It is found, exactly where it has been installed (and in the first place
> montage searches): "/opt/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.2.9/config/type.xml".
> Moreover, if I put this file in '.', the lines before SIGBUS signal a
> success. So the bus error is not due to this file.
>
>> any more hints?
>>

> Unfortunately, no

right, I find the succssful open in the  ktrace.out file, too further
upstream in the file (sorry for stating the opposite in the first place).
but I understand you get the same Bus Error? I'm not sure what to do
now: is this considered a macports problem or a genuine imagemagick bug.
where should this be reported?