[Macports-users] Re: Remove list prefix?

Charlie Allom yeled at macports.org
Wed Sep 6 07:06:31 PDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:58:56AM -0400, TjL wrote:
> On 9/6/06, Charlie Allom <yeled at macports.org> wrote:
> >On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 06:59:04AM -0500, cssdev at mac.com wrote:
> >>
> >> What do others think about removing the [Macports-users] subject list
> >
> >These discussions usually go along the lines "the prefix is needed for
> >people who read it all in one mailbox. people who filter, can strip the
> >prefix themselves already."
>
> Which of course is a complete and utter fallacy.

I'm not saying it isn't, I am saying this how these threads usually
work out - I forgot the bit about "heated religious zeal".

> Great.  How do I do that for GMail?

shrug. we all choose our tools.

> So the argument that "anyone who doesn't like it can strip it" is
> demonstrably false.

never said it wasnt? I just included my procmail line for anyone who
might find it useful.

> [MPU]

it conflicts with my list about hardware design ;)

any other suggestions from the crowd?

  C.
--
 hail eris