Where is the 1.3.2 dmg?

Ryan Schmidt macports-2006c at ryandesign.com
Mon Sep 11 13:47:13 PDT 2006

I'm trying to refer someone to MacPorts as a very easy way to install
some Unix software (Subversion in this case). When I installed
DarwinPorts 1.0, it was very easy: I downloaded a disk image, ran the
enclosed installer package, and that was it.

But today when I click the Downloads link on www.macports.org I get
sent to the downloads directory in the Subversion repository which
offers no explanation of what I should download, and the only choices
for 1.3.2 (which is still named DarwinPorts, which is confusing for
newcomers who don't know that name, and which is also not at the end
of the list as expected but one before the end because DarwinPorts
1.3.1 was named incorrectly with a lowercase p) seem to be
DarwinPorts-1.3.2.tar.bz2 and DarwinPorts-1.3.2-archive.tar.bz2.
Those names give me no information by which I could divine the
difference between the two or which one I should be using, so I
downloaded both to see what they were, and neither of them were a
disk image. I backtracked to the 1.3.1 directory where I did find
disk images. So where are the 1.3.2 disk images? Should I recommend
someone download the 1.3.1 disk image and then selfupdate? Is the
1.3.1 disk image universal or only PowerPC? The name doesn't indicate.

So the to-dos I see are:

- Rename the Darwinports-1.3.1 directory to DarwinPorts-1.3.1 for
consistency
- Create universal DarwinPorts 1.3.2 disk images
- On the Downloads page, link directly to these disk images
- On the Downloads page, use the Universal Binary logo
- Release a version of the software that is actually called MacPorts
(obviously that's being worked on)

I realize we're in a transition period here, but maybe some of those
can be done quickly anyway? How difficult is it to create the disk
image of 1.3.2, for example?