subversion intall failure

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sat Sep 16 04:53:29 PDT 2006

On Sep 16, 2006, at 4:00 AM, Francis Derive wrote:
> Installed on Tiger - no problem. ("sudo port install subversion" ).
> Installed on Panther, the problem is :
>
>> In file included from /System/Library/Frameworks/
>> Security.framework/Headers/SecBase.h:26,
>>                  from /System/Library/Frameworks/
>> Security.framework/Headers/Security.h:44,
>>                  from subversion/libsvn_subr/simple_providers.c:734:
>> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/
>> CFBase.h:25:37: CarbonCore/MacTypes.h: No such file or directory
>> make: *** [subversion/libsvn_subr/simple_providers.lo] Error 1
>>
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

That is odd, I think that that file should be there (since it's in
the 10.3 sdk, but I don't have a 10.3 machine to test on anymore):

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/Developer/Headers/CFMCarbon/
CarbonCore/MacTypes.h

> The truth is I am not proud I had mistakenly installed the Tiger
> Darwinports package on Panther, and after that went on with the
> Panther Darwinports package, before I "sudo port install subversion".
>
> So, to go back at the very beginning, I could uninstall
> Subversion : "sudo port uninstall subversion".
> And would like to uninstall as well the "messy" Darwinports" - to
> make it clean.
> And reinstall everything again to see what happen : but *** How do
> I uninstall a Darwinports package *** ?

port uninstall package

You probably want:

sudo port uninstall subversion
sudo port clean --all subversion

(the clean --all will clean out the working directory, downloaded
copy of subversion, and archive of the port if you have them on your
system).

--
Daniel J. Luke