configure/make/install options for compiling applications from source into /opt/local?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Wed Sep 20 20:29:55 PDT 2006

Hello,

as the Gnumeric package in the Macports repository does apparently not
include the Python plugin (as well as a lot of others), I would like to
compile Gnumeric from source myself. Such that it is linked against the
libraries already in the /opt/local tree and that it is also installed there,
of course.

What options must I pass to configure, make and install to achieve this?

Such as e.g. --prefix=/opt/local or whatnot?

TIA,

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller

--