configure/make/install options for compiling applications from source into /opt/local?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Thu Sep 21 10:53:30 PDT 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:40:45 +0200, Frank McPherson wrote
(in message <96800123-C71D-4C2B-A64E-6B9332AB2F96 at janusresearch.com>):

> Then I would modify the existing portfile to add the option you want:
> 'sudo port edit gnumeric'. Change configure.args to remove the '--
> without-python' tag.
> Build and install your slightly modified gnumeric port via 'sudo port
> install gnumeric'.
>
> If you get this working

Doesn't work.

Doesn't throw any errors, but doesn't install Python either.

No python-loader directory in /opt/local/lib/gnumeric/1.6.3/plugins, no
Python console in the Tools menu, and trying a py_<whatever> function in a
sheet raises an error.

It does seem to install some other plugins however, which weren't installed
with the "standard" portfile. Strange. Although the only option I removed was
the Python support option.

This is apparently just utterly broken.

Like _lots_ of ports I've tried, unfortunately.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller

--
My email-address is correct.