configure/make/install options for compiling applications from source int

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Sep 21 12:59:05 PDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 3:56 PM, Mark Duling wrote:
> "Daniel J. Luke" <dluke at geeklair.net> writes:
>> Or it could be filed as an enhancement bug :)
>
> Yeah, but let's be honest and just admit that even "we" often
> ignore the
> bug tracking system much of the time.  There are probably RFE's out
> there
> either entirely impractical or undesirable, but still they sit there
> actually thinking anyone cares that they exist.  If there isn't
> some way
> for an RFE to graduate from Trac ticket purgatory to "like to get
> done if
> possible in the next 2 or 3 releases" status maybe it isn't worth the
> effort of making a ticket to begin with.

Well, with trac, we can assign tickets to milestones (and then watch
the graphs fill up as we close bugs for each milestone) ... but I get
your point.

The best way to make sure a change makes it into a release is to code
it up and submit the patch (and even then, the submitter probably has
to bug people to review and commit it).

--
Daniel J. Luke