Failure when upgrading gtk2 2.10.2_1 < 2.10.3_0

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sat Sep 23 09:40:19 PDT 2006

The recent upgrade to port gettext breaks everything that links
against libintl. The best route to fixing this would be to

sudo port -R upgrade gettext

although there might be a faster workaround than that. I say "best"
route because "port -R upgrade" will force the rebuilding of
everything that explicitly depends on the port. In this case port atk
depends on gettext and needs to be rebuilt before gtk2, which depends
on a working atk can be built.