gnome-applets install failure

marcus aurelius idblahs at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 15:49:16 PDT 2007

I'm new to the list and if this has been covered
earlier I apologize.  I haven't been on a mailing list
in a very long time (try Windows 95 mailing list) and
I'm just not seeing an easy way to search the archives
- apologies if it's right in plain view.

Ran port install gnome and things were chugging
merrily along but I've run into an error I just don't
know how to fix or work around...

port install choked on gnome-applets with the
following error messages...

--->  Building gnome-applets with target all
[ cut ]
Making all in geyes
Making all in themes
Making all in docs
xsltproc -o geyes-C.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename
geyes --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook'
--stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML
V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang C --stringparam
db2omf.omf_dir "/opt/local/share/omf" --stringparam
db2omf.help_dir "/opt/local/share/gnome/help"
--stringparam db2omf.omf_in "`pwd`/./geyes.omf.in"
`/opt/local/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf
gnome-doc-utils` C/geyes.xml
db2omf: Could not construct the OMF maintainer
element.
  Add an author, corpauthor, editor, othercredit, or
publisher
  element with the role attribute set to "maintainer"
to geyes.xml.
make[3]: *** [geyes-C.omf] Error 10
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Error: The following dependencies failed to build:
gnome-desktop-suite gnome-applets gnome-audio
gnome-backgrounds gnome-games guile gmp
gnome-keyring-manager gnome-media gnome-python-desktop
py-gnome libzvt py-orbit gnome-system-monitor
gnome-user-docs gnome-utils gnopernicus
gst-plugins-good gucharmap libgail-gnome libgtkhtml3
system-tools-backends vino gnutls libgcrypt
libgpg-error libtasn1 opencdk yelp libgtkhtml zenity
--------

Is my mistake running 'install gnome' when i should
have installed something else first (like install
gnome-desktop-suite)?  I just assumed that if I ran
install gnome it would install things in the proper
order by itself.  Also, what exactly is a "roles
attribute" and where would I add it in the geyes.xml
file in each of the language subdirectories?  Or,
better yet is there an easy edit, say to the docs
Makefile, that would get me around this?

Any suggestions or instructions will be greatly
appreciated (even rtfm as long as i'm told exactly
which fm to r).  :-)  If it's important, this is on a
macbook pro.

thanks,
mark