Using gcc 4.1.2 port to build gcc 4.1.1?

Michael Brian Bentley bentley at crenelle.com
Tue Apr 3 10:10:39 PDT 2007

How easy would it be for me to adopt the 4.1.2 port in order to build
gcc 4.1.1? I have a project that causes an internal compiler error to
crop up in 4.1.2, but I'm told that we use gcc 4.1.1 to build
everything on the linux boxes, so I'm curious to see what happens
with a 4.1.1. I haven't yet looked at how port scripts are put
together; is there some written-on napkins with hints stuffed into a
directory somewhere?

I'll try doing the build with gcc42 shortly in any case just to see
what happens.

-Mike