Using gcc 4.1.2 port to build gcc 4.1.1?

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Tue Apr 3 10:35:29 PDT 2007

Le 07-04-03 à 13:10, Michael Brian Bentley a écrit :

> How easy would it be for me to adopt the 4.1.2 port in order to
> build gcc 4.1.1? I have a project that causes an internal compiler
> error to crop up in 4.1.2, but I'm told that we use gcc 4.1.1 to
> build everything on the linux boxes, so I'm curious to see what
> happens with a 4.1.1. I haven't yet looked at how port scripts are
> put together; is there some written-on napkins with hints stuffed
> into a directory somewhere?
>
> I'll try doing the build with gcc42 shortly in any case just to see
> what happens.

you will need to put
CC=gcc-dp-4.1 CXX=g++-dp-4.1
either as configure.env or configure.args.

You may also like to build "gcc41 +odcctools" which provide some
benifits under some circumstances (can't be more mysterious than
this ... all I really know is that it performs better at objc
regression tests)

yves