Apache2 Installation Error

arthas32 at powerband.net.au arthas32 at powerband.net.au
Tue Apr 3 16:43:00 PDT 2007

G'day folks,

My name is Ben and I am from Sydney Australia.
I have recently installed MacPorts 1.4
and an trying to install Apache2 via MacPorts, like so:

sudo port install -v apache2

After a while I receive the following error message:

--->  Building libiconv with target all
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_textproc_libiconv/work/libiconv-1.11
&& make -f Makefile.devel" returned error 2
Command output: gcc -O lib/genaliases.c -o genaliases
In file included from lib/genaliases.c:81:
lib/encodings.def: In function `main':
lib/encodings.def:39: `__VA_ARGS__' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/encodings.def:39: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lib/encodings.def:39: for each function it appears in.)
lib/encodings.def:39: too many errors, bailing out
make: *** [lib/aliases.h] Error 1

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apr-util libiconv
sqlite3 readline ncurses ncursesw openssl pcre

Can anyone tell me the nature of this error message? I do not understand
what has gone wrong here.

Regards
Ben