Apache2 Installation Error

arthas32 at powerband.net.au arthas32 at powerband.net.au
Tue Apr 3 18:32:59 PDT 2007

I didn't install apache1.3 with mac ports.
I used the default install that came with OSX.
The one that you can turn on or off with the sharing preference pane.

Thanks for all your help so far,
It seems I am generating the same error message.
here Is the output for the commands you asked me to try:

$ sudo port -v clean --all apache2
Password:

--->  Cleaning apache2
--->  Removing distfiles for apache2
--->  Removing archives for apache2
--->  Removing workpath for apache2

$ sudo port -d install apache2

DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/www/apache2
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/www/apache2
DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port apache2.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port apache2.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin provides darwin
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_7 provides darwin_7
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/apr
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/apr
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: apr
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for apr
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/apr-util
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/apr-util
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: apr-util
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: apr-util
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/textproc/expat
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/textproc/expat
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: expat
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for expat
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/openssl
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/openssl
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: openssl
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: openssl
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/pcre
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/pcre
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: pcre
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: pcre
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/apr
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: apr
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for apr
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/textproc/expat
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: expat
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for expat
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/textproc/libiconv
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/textproc/libiconv
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: libiconv
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: libiconv
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/databases/db44
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/databases/db44
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: db44
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for db44
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/databases/sqlite3
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/databases/sqlite3
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: sqlite3
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: sqlite3
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/gperf
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/gperf
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: gperf
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for gperf
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/readline
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/readline
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: readline
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: readline
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/ncurses
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/ncurses
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: ncurses
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: ncurses
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/ncursesw
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/ncursesw
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: ncursesw
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: ncursesw
DEBUG: Found port in
file:///opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/archivers/zlib
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/archivers/zlib
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: zlib
DEBUG: Found Dependency: receipt exists for zlib
DEBUG: Requested variant powerpc is not provided by port libiconv.
DEBUG: Requested variant darwin is not provided by port libiconv.
DEBUG: Requested variant macosx is not provided by port libiconv.
DEBUG: Executing variant darwin_7 provides darwin_7
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.main (libiconv)
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.fetch (libiconv)
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.checksum (libiconv)
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.extract (libiconv)
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.patch (libiconv)
DEBUG: Skipping completed com.apple.configure (libiconv)
--->  Building libiconv with target all
DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-com.apple.build-build-0
gcc -O lib/genaliases.c -o genaliases
In file included from lib/genaliases.c:81:
lib/encodings.def: In function `main':
lib/encodings.def:39: `__VA_ARGS__' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/encodings.def:39: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lib/encodings.def:39: for each function it appears in.)
lib/encodings.def:39: too many errors, bailing out
make: *** [lib/aliases.h] Error 1
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_textproc_libiconv/work/libiconv-1.11
&& make -f Makefile.devel" returned error 2
Command output: gcc -O lib/genaliases.c -o genaliases
In file included from lib/genaliases.c:81:
lib/encodings.def: In function `main':
lib/encodings.def:39: `__VA_ARGS__' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/encodings.def:39: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lib/encodings.def:39: for each function it appears in.)
lib/encodings.def:39: too many errors, bailing out
make: *** [lib/aliases.h] Error 1

Warning: the following items did not execute (for libiconv):
com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.install
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apr-util libiconv
sqlite3 readline ncurses ncursesw openssl pcre