Apache2 Installation Error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 3 19:16:49 PDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 20:32, arthas32 at powerband.net.au wrote:

[snip]

> --->  Building libiconv with target all
> DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-com.apple.build-build-0
> gcc -O lib/genaliases.c -o genaliases
> In file included from lib/genaliases.c:81:
> lib/encodings.def: In function `main':
> lib/encodings.def:39: `__VA_ARGS__' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> lib/encodings.def:39: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> lib/encodings.def:39: for each function it appears in.)
> lib/encodings.def:39: too many errors, bailing out
> make: *** [lib/aliases.h] Error 1

[snip]

All I can say is someone else encountered this problem too, also on
Mac OS X 10.3.9, and reported it on IRC. This is a transcript of the
conversation:

http://echelog.matzon.dk/logs/browse/macports/1174440449

Man, reading IRC conversations gives me a headache. But it looks like
no solution to the problem was provided in that transcript and the
person reporting the problem left.