Apache2 Installation Error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 4 04:34:38 PDT 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 00:02, Altoine Barker wrote:

> Ok. Give me your setup information; OS, XCode, PATH, and MacPort. I
> look
> ed over your debug information and I noticed that it references or
> uses
> programs primarily from your Mac OS X Panther environment (i.e.
> /usr/bin) and not from the MacPorts environment. If your path is setup
> so that /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin are first entries in your
> path with the exception of a python path entry, you might need to
> install binutils, clean libiconv again, and then attempt to reinstall
> libiconv. This way, MacPorts will depend on itself and less on your
> Mac
> OS X Panther environment. HTH

Altoine, what items are you seeing that are being picked up from the
system that you believe should be picked up from MacPorts instead?

The PATH may influence that, but if a port requires a component from
MacPorts, then it is the port's responsibility to ensure that the
MacPorts version of the component is used in preference to the system
component. If that breaks just because the user's PATH is different
than the port author's, then that is a bug in the port (i.e. the port
has not used all the configuration options at its disposal to inform
the software where the MacPorts libraries are located).