Failing to install gmime (dependency on gtk-sharp?)

Avi Drissman avi at drissman.com
Fri Apr 6 06:05:49 PDT 2007

On 4/6/07 8:29 AM, Boey Maun Suang wrote:
> this problem must have arisen because Avi has Mono installed in paths
> that the configure script can detect (be it through MacPorts or
> otherwise) whereas I did not, and didn't check the available configure
> flags carefully enough.

Yes, you are correct:

> checking for mcs... /usr/bin/mcs
> checking whether /usr/bin/mcs is GNU Mono... yes

Wow. I didn't realize that I even had that there; I vaguely remember
installing some package a long time ago that used Mono, but I don't
think I ever used it.

> If this is right (Avi, can you let us know if it's not?), then all we
> need to do to fix it is to set --disable-mono as one of the default
> configure arguments (in the configure.args part of the Portfile).

That would probably be a good idea. In the meanwhile, I think I'll take
out this install of Mono since I don't actually use it.

> Do let me know if you have any problems building things linked to GMime.

Will do. Thanks for your help!

Avi

Avi Drissman                                          avi at drissman.com
                       http://avi.drissman.com/