Please clear up DarwinPort/MacPorts confusion

Sean Fulton seanasy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:45:51 PDT 2007

On 2007-04-05 22:51:04 -0400, Juan Manuel Palacios <jmpp at macports.org> said:

> On Apr 5, 2007, at 7:23 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>

>> On Apr 5, 2007, at 11:52, James Berry wrote:
>>
>>> The old site at darwinports.opendarwin.org _should_ be made to redirect
>>> to www.macports.org (and now does).
>>
>> Does that mean it's now impossible to read the old DarwinPorts
>> documentation online, since it has not been migrated to anywhere on
>> www.macports.org?
>>
>> (I assume I can still check it out from the repository but it might not
>> be easy to get it working on my local web server...)
>>

> 	All the text and code that made up our previous OpenDarwin based site
> is in our svn repo:
>
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/www
>
> 	You'll find everything you need in the directories therein.

That's all fine and good but I want jump in the pile-on and say that
the site and documentation need some serious attention. Having outdated
docs in SVN is less than ideal.

Now that 1.4 is out will there be some effort to providing useful
documentation? Do the project leads need volunteers to help? I'm
willing.

	Sean