Repair Database

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Fri Apr 6 15:26:36 PDT 2007

Hello,

I posted this question yesterday, but maybe it was
more detailed as needed. I try to explain it with
less words:

[cvoelker:~] cvoelker% port installed
Error: port installed failed: Registry error: zlib 1.2.3_1 not
registered as installed.
No ports are installed.

I cant agree with this entirely:

[cvoelker:~] cvoelker% sudo du -h -d 0 /opt
4.2G    /opt

I believe that this file is broken:

/opt/local/var/db/dports/receipts/ /opt/local/var/db/dports/
tmp_from_receipts/file_map.db

/opt/local/etc/ports/ports.conf contains these lines
among others:

portdbpath              /opt/local/var/db/dports
portdbformat            flat
portinstalltype         image
portarchivemode         yes
portarchivetype         tbz2

In short, all information required to recreate the
database is there, all the software I use is there
and works fine, only issue is that I cant maintain
and upgrade installed ports any longer using macports.

How to recover from this situation? Is there any
flag I might change to cause port to build it again
from scratch? Is there a working script that does
this for me (there is one from 2003 that does not
work with the current version of macports)?
Is there any other way to reinstall all archived
software, avoiding download and built times? Do I
really have to rm -R /opt/local/ and start over?

Thanks for any suggestions, Christian