Macports Newbie - XServe use

grimm at grimmwerks.com grimm at grimmwerks.com
Sun Apr 8 05:16:43 PDT 2007

Thanks Paul, but I've googled my arse off, and have tried what others have
recommended:

- setting the socket in my.cnf
- touching where the mysqld.sock should be, creating the file and making
permissions 775

I've rebooted, restarted, etc. I've not had this problem on a non Tiger
Server machine, but on this xserve, it's totally flaky.

I'll re-install mysql5 according to someone else's setup, but I really
need to know the correct steps for OSX Server -- there's something going
on there.