Please clear up DarwinPort/MacPorts confusion

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Apr 9 07:28:33 PDT 2007

	Hello Jaroslav.

On Apr 7, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Jaroslav Hron wrote:

> My settings in port.conf are:
>
> rsync_server            rsync.macports.org
> rsync_dir                       dpupdate/base/

	I am really curious how you got that particular setting for the
rsync_dir, do you happen to remember? That rsync repo (the value of
rsync_dir) is fed with MacPorts sources from svn's trunk at the server
level, and those sources currently correspond to the still unreleased
1.5 version of MacPorts (more than still unreleased actually,
practically not even fully planned out).

	And I say I am really curious because the ports.conf file does not
ship that value by default, not in trunk and not in any release branch
we've ever created, so it must have been a hand edit. Other than
that.... I am really curious!

	In any case, to get back to a released version of MacPorts all you
have to do is change its current value to "dpupdate1/base/" (note the
1) and force a selfupdate run. Tell us your results (you might end up
with stray sources
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate,
once you make sure you're back at 1.4.0 you can freely remove that
directory).

> Thanks, J.

	HTH!

-jmpp