Please clear up DarwinPort/MacPorts confusion

Jaroslav Hron jaroslav.hron at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 9 10:37:37 PDT 2007

Hi, yes the dpupdate1 to dpupdate was a hand edit at the time when
darwinports.org didn't work for some reason and change to macports.org
was the solution...

I like to know what's in my .conf files and dpupdate1/base
was strange to me since dpupdate/base worked too... :-)

As I mentioned it would be better to have something like
dpupdate_relese and dpupdate_dev instead of meaningless dpupdate1....

after seting rsync_path to dpupdate1/base the selfupdate
downgraded to 1.4 and works ok.

In fact I have to say that the version 1.5 worked for me too,
but I am using just a few ports on a powerbook (tetex, emacs, gcc)

J.