BIND9 stopped working...

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Apr 9 08:22:35 PDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Alex Kac wrote:
> Well that's what I mean. If I HUP named, its fine. Works great. No
> problem. But if I restart the server then it doesn't work. It seems
> like on startup it doesn't realize what IP addresses I have and so
> only listens on localhost. If I HUP it after the server is running,
> it realizes what IPs I have and starts just fine.

Interesting, perhaps named starts before your interface is up and so
doesn't respond on it?

> I'm going to play with the config file. I just don't understand why
> it was working fine before, but not after the changeip script.

Try adding something like
options {
	listen-on {any; };
};

(you might want to replace any; with an ACL for who you want to
actually be able to query your server, though - see http://
www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html)

--
Daniel J. Luke