BIND9 stopped working...

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Mon Apr 9 08:22:44 PDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Alex Kac wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>
>> On Apr 8, 2007, at 8:46 PM, Alex Kac wrote:
>>> Nope. I have no restrictions at all. What's weird is if I restart
>>> it, it works fine. Not an option for a server, though.
>>
>> if you restart the server?
>>
>> What if you just restart bind?
>>
>> or kill -HUP it ?
>
> Well that's what I mean. If I HUP named, its fine. Works great. No
> problem. But if I restart the server then it doesn't work. It seems
> like on startup it doesn't realize what IP addresses I have and so
> only listens on localhost. If I HUP it after the server is running,
> it realizes what IPs I have and starts just fine.
>
> I'm going to play with the config file. I just don't understand why
> it was working fine before, but not after the changeip script.

Hi Alex,

You might try adding the option "--restart-netchange" to the daemondo
invocation in /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.bind9.plist:

		<string>--restart-netchange</string>

This should cause daemondo to restart bind if the ip address changes,
which is probably occurring after bind gets running.

James