Please clear up DarwinPort/MacPorts confusion

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Mon Apr 9 10:53:00 PDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 1:37 PM, Jaroslav Hron wrote:

> Hi, yes the dpupdate1 to dpupdate was a hand edit at the time when
> darwinports.org didn't work for some reason and change to macports.org
> was the solution...
>
> I like to know what's in my .conf files and dpupdate1/base
> was strange to me since dpupdate/base worked too... :-)
>
> As I mentioned it would be better to have something like
> dpupdate_relese and dpupdate_dev instead of meaningless dpupdate1....

	Yes, the names we currently have were long time ago bad and on-a-rush
choices we made when we put our first release out the door, and
unfortunately they stuck with our sources and our entire user base
thereon. We have thought about migrating to something more meaningful
as part of a somewhat large reorganization of our sources and
distribution means, but anything we do on that front warrants careful
thinking over and planning for obvious reasons (migration paths to keep
users installations from breaking, for one) and therefore there is no
immediate roadmap to something better.

	Maybe as part of 1.5...? I'm hoping ;-) Regards,...

-jmpp