fltk problems

Ken McGaugh ken at hotchachi.com
Tue Apr 10 15:31:30 PDT 2007

On 11/04/2007, at 5:38 AM, Yves de Champlain wrote:

> Le 07-04-10 à 07:30, Ken McGaugh a écrit :

>>> fltk was in a dire state.
>>>
>>> rev 1 should be much better, just commited
>>>

>> That is great, thanks Yves!  There is one problem though.  Fluid
>> doesn't seem to build.  The binary just doesn't exist
>> anywhere.  I found the following errors in the section trying to
>> install fltk, but I don't know what is causing them...
>>
>> === installing fluid ===
>> Installing FLUID in /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>> _dports_aqua_fltk/work/destroot/opt/local/bin...
>
> what about
>
> cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_aqua_fltk/work/destroot/opt/local
>
> ls bin
> ls include/FL
>
> ?

The problem appears to be that the fltk build breaks under osx when
installing with the DESTDIR variable set.  Specifically
the command "fltk-config --post" assumes that the mac.r resource file
has already been installed into "${prefix}/include/FL".

But the fltk-config script has a backdoor that could be used to solve
this problem.  It checks to see if there is a local copy
of "FL/mac.r" relative to it's own location and will use that one
instead.  So a potential solution would be to somehow execute

     ln -s ../include/FL ${destroot}${prefix}/bin/FL

before running "make install install-desktop" and then removing that
link afterwords.  I'm afraid I don't yet understand Portfiles well
enough to make that change myself, but I would like to learn if
you'll show me.

Thanks.
--Ken