fltk problems

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Tue Apr 10 17:38:50 PDT 2007

Ken McGaugh <ken at hotchachi.com> on Tuesday, April 10, 2007 at 3:31 PM
-0800 wrote:

>>> That is great, thanks Yves!  There is one problem though.  Fluid
>>> doesn't seem to build.  The binary just doesn't exist
>>> anywhere.  I found the following errors in the section trying to
>>> install fltk, but I don't know what is causing them...
>>>
>>> === installing fluid ===
>>> Installing FLUID in /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>>> _dports_aqua_fltk/work/destroot/opt/local/bin...
>>
>> what about
>>
>> cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
>> dports_aqua_fltk/work/destroot/opt/local
>>
>> ls bin
>> ls include/FL
>>
>> ?
>
>The problem appears to be that the fltk build breaks under osx when
>installing with the DESTDIR variable set.  Specifically
>the command "fltk-config --post" assumes that the mac.r resource file
>has already been installed into "${prefix}/include/FL".
>
>But the fltk-config script has a backdoor that could be used to solve
>this problem.  It checks to see if there is a local copy
>of "FL/mac.r" relative to it's own location and will use that one
>instead.  So a potential solution would be to somehow execute
>
>     ln -s ../include/FL ${destroot}${prefix}/bin/FL
>
>before running "make install install-desktop" and then removing that
>link afterwords.  I'm afraid I don't yet understand Portfiles well
>enough to make that change myself, but I would like to learn if
>you'll show me.

We can instruct you how to make the changes you arrive at, but finding
that out is the hard part.  Fltk installs fine for me, but I haven't been
following the thread so I don't know the conditions under which it fails.
To make experimentation on the source tree easy, you may want a make a
symlink to it.

ln -s
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/
~/sources

Now perform the stages up to the patch phase like this:

sudo port -vd patch fltk

Now cd to ~/sources/aqua/fltk/work/fltk-1.17/... directory if you want to
hack the configure or Makefile and start the install again which will pick
up the install from where the patch phase left off.

sudo port -vd install fltk

Or use:

sudo port -vd destroot fltk

and it will stop after the destroot phase so you can peer into that at
~/sources/aqua/fltk/work/destroot/ ...

After you find out exactly what changes work, then we can tell you how to
make it happen.  That's what I'd do.  But I'd look to see if there are
openBSD patches for fltk because I think openBSD uses DESTDIR in a similar
way to MacPorts, or at least can.  See if they give you ideas.

http://ngc891.blogdns.net/pub/OpenBSD/ports/x11/fltk/

I hope that helps.  Let me know if you get farther and need help.

Mark