Ports that install binaries

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 12 18:11:10 PDT 2007

Are there any ports that install binaries? I mean, any ports that
don't compile things themselves, but which download binaries and just
install them?

I'm thinking about isightcapture, which is an interesting project:

http://www.intergalactic.de/hacks.html

But source is not distributed, so the only option for including it in
MacPorts would be to download the disk image, mount it and copy the
binary in to the right place. Would this be acceptable? Or is it
deemed that in this case the project should not appear in MacPorts?

If it is acceptable, is there an example of a port that mounts a disk
image and copies files from it?